After spring break, all my writing attempts got pushed to the back of the mental workshop. I'm also finding it harder and harder to blog on here and on myspace. Like now there's pressure or something. So, this morning I'm posting for the sake of posting. I have to keep doing this or I'll slip back into apathy.
I've also been pondering a different story idea than the whole McCready thing. (naturally) It involves the world being decimated by a virus or chemical warfare. Seemingly everyone is dead and gone. But there's a lone survivor who doesn't quite recall who is he or what has happened. I think he knows his name and has a scattering of memories, but the problem is more that everything is just garbled in his head. He wakes up on a island in the Pacific - maybe near Australia or New Zealand. Much to his surprise, the ones who find him and wake him up are not other survivors, but are actually robots. Some of them look just like humans, but he can tell a difference. They take him back to civilization where he discovers that there are millions of these robots and that they're essentially cleaning up and rebuilding from the destruction. They hold him in some sort of reverence since he is the first living human they've found. Almost like how we would treat the last remaining member of an animal species.
Anyway, that's the new thing bouncing around in my head. I drive around town and imagine no humans. Or maybe robots driving around trying to continue the illusion of society for the lone survivor's mental well-being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment