Well, spring break is over. (No, this is not part of my story or my little "story notes") I did a good job over the last part of the break with my writing. I actually managed to write consistently for about 5 days on the same story idea (the McCready related stuff). The usual roadblocks would arise -- little things like names, big things like plot points, and issues such as whether to remain in 1st person (which strikes me as being less favored and only best used for certain stories, but I could be completely wrong) or switch to the seemingly more appropriate (but harder for me to keep writing without getting caught up in the little things) 3rd person, but I pushed through and just kept writing - something...anything. But the roadblocks are piling up and I think I'm just about stalled. There have also been some personal issues getting in the way the last couple of days, but hey -- aren't those the types of situations that most good writers thrive under?
And then today the inevitable "coming up with more story ideas" occurred. Normally when I get an idea and I have enough concentration and lack of inner criticism to start writing, I'll get an entirely new idea a short time later. Then my attention will be drawn to this new one. Then I'll get another one - and lose interest in the previous idea. And so on. I wish I could write as quickly as Stephen King, so that my ideas wouldn't always end up dying on the vine.
So what do I write about in this blog now? I've said about all I have to say on my writing for tonight. But I don't think those reading this will remain interested if all I talk about is behind the scenes turmoil related to my writing. If this were my Myspace blog right now, I would probably comment on school, my girlfriend, how I finally got to see "There Will Be Blood" this weekend, the animals, and maybe even the personal issues I mentioned. But I don't feel as open in that regard here. Odd, because on Myspace I wouldn't feel comfortable posting my creative efforts. Maybe it is something to do with keeping my identity private on here....
I CAN talk about Girl Scout Cookies, though. I've gotta say, as wonderful as they are, it seems like each year they get less tasty and smaller in size. I used to LOVE Samoas....but this year, I ate the first box weeks ago and haven't even touched the second one. The Thin Mints are still good -- especially out of the fridge. I found the Tag-a-Longs to be quite disappointing after all the ado other people made over them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment