Friday, April 4, 2008

McCready Speaks

Good old McCready here. Our dear friend Richard has been ignoring me lately. But it's not his fault. He has that ADD. His brain never met a distracting thought it didn't like.

But you know, I've been thinking about it. It's possible that his problem with distraction and focusing is not simply of natural origin. At first I found this world of yours rather limited and overflowing with sleepwalking dead. But there is something else going on here. It's very hidden. Whoever is keeping it hidden has done a fair job of it, too. There are more like our friend Richard out there. Perhaps even some of you share his...condition. Have trouble sleeping? Strange, detailed dreams? Awake exhausted and aching? Have trouble fitting into the machine of society? Notice things that most do not? Feel like parts of your brain have been blocked off? That your mind is a swirling tornado of thoughts, feelings, and ideas? Oh yes, there are more of you out there. What a sight when all of your heads finally clear and you start rearranging this little world. Not that it matters to me, I have other places to be. But traveling was never a skill of mine.

Anyhow, maybe one of these "drug companies" (I still can't get over that one!) will accidentally manufacture a pill that can illuminate your clouded minds. Or maybe you'll stumble your way through the dark and into the light all on your own. (There's much more personal self-satisfaction if you do it yourself.) Goodbye for now, my friends. Look for me in your dreams, I do love to lurk.

No comments: